October 15 - 09:00 amEnd:
October 16 - 05:00 pm
Draft agenda soon available
Physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modelling plays a crucial role in next generation (non-animal) risk evaluations to inform the design of in vitro studies and to convert the data obtained with in vitro models into human dose−response or potency information. The goal of the course is to acquaint participants with setting up PBPK models based on non-animal input parameters and to subsequently use these models to extrapolate in vitro bioassay data to human dose-response or potency information. The course is co-organised and hosted at Wageningen University.
The course consists of:
– Lectures that cover the basic principles of PBPK model-development and the application of PBPK modelling in different fields (e.g. safety evaluations of pharmaceuticals and industrial chemicals, development of alternatives to animal testing).
– Hands-on experience focussing on how to derive adequate chemical-specific input parameters.
– Hands-on experience with developing PBPK models in Berkeley Madonna software.
– Hands-on experience with developing PBPK models with Simcyp’s Population-based Simulator by CERTARA
– Use of the models to extrapolate in vitro bioassay results to human dose-response or potency information
A minimum of 4 registered participants is required for the training to take place
The training will start with 0.5 day lectures and will be followed by 1.5 days of practical training (Hands on-training) where participants, divided in small groups will get the chance to discuss and interact with the experts. This is a perfect way to quickly approach a software, as well as data analysis and interpretation.
Registration fee includes the participant booklet, catering and social dinner.
What’s the refund and cancellation policy?
Refunds are available only if Altertox Academy cancels the event. This is stated on the participant’s receipt once registered. However, tickets may be transferable if the ticket holder is unable to attend the event. In principle the ticket may only be transferred within the same price category but a final decision will be made at Altertox Academy’s discretion.
What will I do during Hands-on trainings?
Each hands-on training is scheduled to last for two days. In these two days, the hands-on trainings encompass 20% Lectures and 80% Practical training including case studies. In other words, for about more than a day and a half of the trainings each participant will able to actively interact with the experts in small groups of 3-4 people.
What is the difference between “private” sector and “non-private” sector?
The participant must choose the “private” sector in case his/her organization has any commercial activities e.g. selling products or services to third parties.
RIKILT Wageningen University and Research
Akkermaalsbos 2, 6708 Wageningen
Wageningen, NL, 6708