Founder & CEO
Dr. Busquet is a French toxicologist with a PhD in Life Sciences (TU Dresden, Germany; 2008) and a Master Degree of Sciences in Biotechnology (ENSTBB, France; 2003).
He founded ALTERTOX in 2012.
EU Project Manager
Holding a PhD in Medical Biology (Brussels, Belgium), Dr Belot has more than 15 years expertise in in vitro toxicology testing. She’s now Altertox EU Project Manager, organizing trainings to promote the use of alternatives to animal tests.
Holding a master’s degree in Ethics, economics and society (CEERE, Strasbourg), Valentin Salamone has specialized in the field of animal ethics by targeting the regulation and use of animals in Research. He is now in charge of training for Altertox, coordinating the training
Aurélia joined the Altertox Academy team in January 2018 as the Graphic Designer and Web Master.
She is mainly responsible for all graphic productions such as ALTERTOX’s visual identity, flyers, newsletter, booklets and programs.
Holding a Master Degree in Political Science (IEP, Toulouse), Jeanne Laperrouze joined Altertox in January 2021 as Communication Officer. She is responsible for media outreach to promote science and alternatives to animal testing in toxicology.
Holding a PhD in biology (RWTH Aachen University), Dr. Leonie Mueller specialized in ecotoxicology and focuses on the development and improvement of alternative test methods in the context of environmental risk assessment of chemicals. She joined Altertox in September 2021 to support policy activities
EU Project Manager
Matteo holds a PhD in neuroscience with a focus on human stem cells and human brain development. He is involved in science communication activities since 2017 in Pint of Science Belgium. He works as EU Project Manager at Altertox, taking care of the communication and dissemination of European projects. He will also develop the upcoming Altertox Twitch/Youtube channel!
who we are
Founded in 2012 in Brussels, Altertox is a SME active in promoting alternatives to animal testing in toxicology and 3RS (Replace, Reduce, Refine).
Based on its strong expertise in in vitro/in silico methods with the up-to-date methods and the best experts, Altertox has developed a large portfolio in the area of alternatives to animal testing.
Over the year, a tight and powerful network was built with the partners, stakeholders and clients – aiming all together to better science.
To make people better scientists by continuous education and access to the last updates regarding in vitro/in silico method development using several pillars:
- Organization of hands-on training, webinar, Master Class or Skill4science trainings with the best experts
- Organization of Congress
- European lab tour to discover specific methods (“à la carte” training)
- EU calls focused on in vitro toxicology (communication and dissemination of results)
- Public affairs
- Business analysis and guided advice on alternative methods consolidation for European stakeholders
- Implication in research projects on compliance of Member states on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes
- Creation of a community sharing same values through blogs, lunchtalks and posts
- The Precisiontox Consortium is looking for a subcontractor to develop, design and maintain the ASPIS cluster website. Bids with price offers should be submitted to the PrecisionTox beneficiary Altertox SRL, by 10th of October.
- The Precisiontox Consortium is looking for a subcontractor to develop, design and maintain its project website. Bids with price offers should be submitted to the Precisiontox beneficiary Altertox SRL, by 15th of March.