We are delighted to announce the support of PETA for the Second edition of The Lung In Vitro event 2020!
Early-career scientists are invited to apply for an award supported by PETA to attend LIVe2020: Lung In Vitro Event for Innovative & Predictive Models. This award gives you the opportunity to advance your knowledge of in vitro respiratory models!
Early-career scientists are defined as:
- Students working towards their master’s or PhD who have completed their first year of study;
- Postdoctoral fellows;
- Scientists who completed a master’s, PhD, or postdoctoral programme less than five years ago.
To submit an abstract, click here
The winner will receive a reimbursement for the hotel accommodation up to 250 $US and airfare up to 250 $US for travel within Europe or up to 1000 $US for travel from outside Europe.
How to Apply
Please e-mail the following information to Monita Sharma at MonitaS@piscltd.org.uk by 8 May 2020.
- Proof of receipt of your LIVe2020 abstract submission
- Your résumé or CV
- A proposal of 1,000 words or fewer containing the following:
- The reasons for your interest in attending the congress and how you will apply the information learned to reducing and replacing animal testing in your current or future research
- Your short- and long-term career goals and how you envision the congress will help you achieve them
- How you can share the information learned at the congress with colleagues or other scientists
Deadline is 8 May. This award is open to residents of any country.
PETA is sponsoring in numbers other science areas to promote the development of non-animal methods in research for more reliability and ethic. (Skin testing, Nanotechnology, Antitoxin development, etc.) Learn more
To learn more about eligibility and condition, click here